PROSPECT-DRIVEN WEBSITES FOR SUCCESSFUL SOLOISTS
A 4-month program that gives you everything you need to launch your website and start booking higher-value appointments from it.
Launch Your Website • Book More High-Value Appointments • Close More Deals
Working side by side with Kevin on our website has been a revelatory process. Even though we meet just for 60 mins a week, each of those sessions is jam packed with creative output. In fact it has pushed us to question and improve our own internal processes of creative work.
DOES YOUR WEBSITE FEEL INVISIBLE?
- You feel like no one is connecting with it.
- You’ve stopped promoting it.
- You can’t remember the last time someone submitted the contact form.
- You’ve stopped looking at the analytics because it’s just too depressing.
- You don’t even expect your website to generate leads anymore.
- You’re really good at what you do, but how the heck are you supposed to get better at selling what you do unless you get the practice?
- The leads you’re getting on your own are killing you on price.
- They say you should 10x your appointments so you can pick your ideal clients, but you don’t get near that many appointments
- You’re following all the rules, posting on LinkedIn, running ads, pouring money into SEO, and yet, come Sunday night, you see no appointments that you’re excited about.
- Basically, it feels like your website might as well not exist…
IMAGINE A WEBSITE THAT ACTUALLY DOES ITS JOB
- Know what to say, what to offer and how to offer it on a sales call.
- Check your inbox and expect to see new appointments.
- Use your website as a sales script.
- Price your services higher
- Watch your prospect actually enjoy your sales process.
- Feel good even if your prospect doesn’t buy.
- Go to bed Sunday night knowing you’ve got a full slate of calls for the week.
- Finish your website with a way to promote it consistently and quickly.
- Rather than being embarrassed by your website, you actively promote it.
- Give so much value to your prospects that you get rave reviews from your sales calls (!)
- Continuously update your website with stellar reviews that feel like an embarrassment of riches.
- Receive feedback from your prospects that it’s not only being read but affecting people in positive ways.
- End a call without creating more work for yourself.
- Cherry pick the clients who have the most interesting projects, who value your expertise the most, and who you like the best.
- You’re not spending a dime on SEO or Google Ads.
- You know exactly what to do to get leads after launching your website.
A WEBSITE LAUNCHPAD BRINGS YOUR WORDS DIRECTLY TO YOUR PROSPECT
My private, collaborative website writing and design launchpad is for folks just like you who are looking to create a website that allows you to work with better-paying clients, make sales easier, create a predictable pipeline of leads, and book more high-value calendar appointments. If the people contacting you off your website don’t appreciate your value, you’re chasing a high search ranking with nothing to show for it, or all of your posting on social media feels like “whistling through the graveyard,” a 1-on-1 website launchpad makes sure you finish your website on time so you can start getting more high-value inquiries.
Would I recommend Kevin? Hell yeah. I would recommend him and I have.
We now have a website that articulates our value prop to patients as well as to investors and partners. We’ve received phenomenal feedback saying things like “I saw your website and felt like you were the only company that understood what I was going through.“
Kevin is just an incredibly great person to work with! Full of positive energy, encouragement, and quick responses!! Bad websites are a big problem for business, and great websites help you know exactly what you are getting from a company. You WILL absolutely love working with Kevin!
It’s challenging finding a copywriter that can get the messaging right. Kevin knows how to put into words what most people struggle to communicate. I get the confidence in knowing he always has my back.
Let's Fill Your Calendar
Say you spent a year writing a book. It finally gets published. But you stop talking about it. So it just sits on the shelf alongside millions of other books, and no one knows it exists.
Writing a good website should give you the muscle memory to keep writing your business words quickly and consistently. So that you create a steady pipeline of leads, a predictable close rate, and a way to consistently attract clients that like you and what you do.
Benefits of a Total Website Launchpad:
- Better prospects and clients
- Become the “go-to” company in your area of expertise
- A website that helps you book calendar appointments
- Highly efficient appointments that make the most of your time and your prospects
- Know exactly what to offer your prospects on both your website and sales calls
- Save time creating proposals
- Package and sell your expertise at a variety of price points
- Diversify your income stream without diluting your positioning
- Clients who respect your expertise (and are happy to pay for it)
- More time spent doing your best work
- Clarity of purpose and direction
- Framework for deciding which opportunities to pursue (and which are distractions)
…and a slew of tactics like:
- Writing sales pages
- Content solar system
- Writing and posting content in 25 minutes or less
- Running LinkedIn automation campaigns
- Writing your LinkedIn profile page to match your website
- Launching, building and increasing your newsletter subscriber list
- Positioning your team for speaking gigs and podcasts
- Writing agendas
- Setting up email newsletters and automation …
The Big Picture
TL;DR—You get a complete, written, designed, and launched website laser-focused on your prospect in 16 weeks.
The program includes:
A kickoff call for positioning your prospect
Structured assignments with due dates
A designed, developed, launched website with every last word you need to book more high-value calendar appointments
The method, skill and time to write quickly (in under 25 minutes) so that you can consistently get leads
Direct 1:1 access to me via Slack, email, and phone
You can contact me any day or time with questions. I reply within 24 hours but usually more like 90 minutes during business hours.
Kickoff Meeting Agenda
- Positioning your prospect
- Exchange private contact info
- Review pre-questionnaire answers
- Deep dive into positioning your prospect
- Set a recurring meeting with end date for writing sessions
- Set a reminder one month before last writing call
- Assign homework for next call
- Calls take place every week via Zoom
- We start with an update on your homework progress then fine tune that week’s deliverable together
- We agree on next steps based on progress and goals
- I post your questionnaire homework privately in a Google doc so we know we’re always on the same page
- You can contact me for any reason between calls however and whenever is most convenient
The Fine Print
- I will never publish any of your communications, publicly or privately. Anything you share with me will be kept in the strictest confidence.
- I record all calls and put them in your agenda for future reference
- You are free to share any of my communications however you like without asking me first.
- You are welcome to call me any time without an appointment, but you’ll probably get my voicemail (I’m on the phone a lot). Leave a message and I’ll get back to you ASAP.
- If we need to talk real-time, we can schedule a mutually convenient time.
- If you have a truly urgent question, you can text me on my personal cell number.
- Payment is due 100% in advance to begin the program, or to have your name added to the waiting list once it fills up.
- If you’re not happy with our first call for any reason, you can ask for your money back. After that, no refunds under any circumstances.
- You can pause the clock in the event of a family emergency or something of similar seriousness, but not for vacation or because you “got busy”.
My total website launchpad is a four-month program. The investment is $19,500 USD. It’s not uncommon for my launchpad clients to recoup their entire investment after completing 1 proposal.
You can apply using the button below but before you do, let me first say this…
Website launchpads are not for everyone. There’s homework. You need to be prepared to write a minimum of 25 minutes per week and treat yourself as your best, most important client.
Change can be scary. If you want your website to fulfill its purpose, which is to help you book higher value calendar appointments, you have to be prepared to change something. If you think you’re ready, here’s the link to apply:
100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
It’s free to apply and there’s no risk or obligation. If you are accepted into my launchpad program, I offer a 100% money-back guarantee. I don’t want your money if we’re not a good fit. If you’re not happy with our kickoff call for any reason, just let me know and I’ll refund your money in full.
BUT DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT…
Check out these long-form testimonials from past clients:
Testimonial from Cam Dwyer
We came to Kevin to help us clearly communicate our value proposition through our website. The problem was extremely frustrating, as we spent time spinning our wheels with customers who viewed us as a commodified service, and resulted in really low-fit accounts reaching out to us via inbound requests. Kevin’s process motivated us to have many difficult conversations about WHAT truly sets our company apart. These conversations led us to review and debate where our true value is, and how to best communicate that in a crisp way to our customer base. The homework that Kevin provided for our company to perform ahead of our meetings was focused and thoughtful, which encouraged us to carefully examine our messaging and how we can better communicate that to the world. The benefits to focusing our messaging and delivering it in a crisp and impactful way went far beyond a website. Organizationally, it affected everything we do – how our employees think about our company, where to direct our energies as we evolve, and even streamlining our sales process. Kevin was a great resource in helping us focus and dial in our messaging, improve our web traffic, our quality of leads and our conversion of leads. I believe that the vast majority of companies out there would benefit from improving their website messaging. If you suffer from not drawing in enough leads, or drawing in the wrong leads, Kevin is someone you should work with.
Testimonial from Russell Wadlin
I got a lot of value from being a part of this group, but that was to be expected. It was the unexpected that really left a positive lasting impression with me. Kevin made one tiny gesture that has absolutely become the most memorable part of the boot camp for me. A few days after I signed up I randomly received a lumpy envelope from Amazon. WTF is this? So obviously it was opened immediately. Inside the envelope was a silly Pomodoro timer. See, writing and doing sh*t in 25min increments is Kevin’s thing. And apparently, he wants it to be other people’s thing too. But honestly, doing anything in 25min increments kinda felt like BS to me. So the timer sat on my desk for weeks. Still, it was an unexpected gesture, so I was delighted.
Finally, the boot camp starts and I have my first writing exercise. And there’s the timer on my desk. Just chilling. Waiting to be used. Because it was gifted to me, I felt obligated to try it out.
And guess what? Despite my skepticism, I liked it. A lot actually. I really left a lasting impression. Kevin’s positive lasting impression can be broken down into 3 techniques:
1. Lumpy mail. If you get it, you gotta open it. (read The 1-Page Marketing Plan by Allan Dib for more on that)
2. Delight. It wasn’t even anything I wanted or expected, but it was memorable and made me smile.
3. Reciprocity. I had to at least try this thing gifted to me. I felt obligated. And holy shit I actually loved it.
This is how you build a brand. So, find a way to do sh*t like this in the context of your own business and life. People love it.
PS. The timer is telling me my time’s up. Thanks Kevin!
Testimonial from Ton Dobbe
I’ve been in business for 5 years and have built it up to a point where it’s serving me well. However, I started to feel there was more, and somehow I couldn’t find a breakthrough. It’s funny because the core of my business is anchored around positioning and value proposition work for B2B SaaS companies – so I deal with this every day. And yet, it just never occurred to me to seek external help. I mean this is what I do, right? Then I listened to Jonathan Stark’s podcast interview with Kevin – and that struck a chord. That was that little push I needed to solve this. I was simply too close to see what to change myself. The results of working with Kevin were eye opening. Just talking things through I suddenly realized I had all kinds of insights that I was passing onto my prospects that had never made their way onto my website. Having someone challenge me and ask “what does that mean? Can you give an example?” and take a LOT of notes, suddenly started to reveal a story line that felt very genuine and appealing. Now, when you read my homepage and sales pages – you’re pulled into a story – 7 seconds at a time. What I liked most about working with Kevin was the mirror that he holds in front of you. Challenging you until things are simple, concrete, and capture the true emotion of what this is all about. His Storybrand framework experience was extremely valuable to check and make sure that all key ingredients of the story were covered. His ability to take the website visitors point of view is simply magical. I really came to value his eye for detail, his ability to quickly get to the essence of what’s being said and turn that into language that grabs the visitor, and his focus on quality outcomes all meshed together into something I am not only proud of, but also proud of the person I collaborated with. I’d absolutely recommend Kevin and have done so already. I am catching myself using his 7-second secret sauce more and more these days – which automatically triggers a Plug Kevin Moment for all the reasons mentioned above. It is 100% worth the investment. As a business owner, you are simply too close to the problem to create a website on your own that communicates in a way that converts. THAT is what gets costly. So my big takeaway? Get help.
— Ton Dobbe
Testimonial from Travis Jones
Ok, now this might sound weird, but as I re-read verse 18, that’s what you’ve been to me: I was feeling poor (not financially, but emotionally) and you proclaimed good news. I was feeling trapped/stuck, and you got me unstuck. I couldn’t see the path, and you’ve given me laser focus. And where I felt weight, you’ve brought freedom. When I started working with Kevin, I wasn’t sure what was possible. Over multiple sessions, we wrote my website—together—in real time. When we finished the results were mindblowing: My words. Clear. Concise. And laser focused on my prospect. The only real downside of working with Kevin is that he forever ruins your experience of visiting wordy, unfocused websites!
Testimonial from Melissa DeLay
I didn’t know someone like Kevin existed. The only thing preventing me from buying this service was lack of knowledge. Once we connected, I was SOLD! My business has since grown exponentially as a result of working with Kevin. It’s a domino effect. The clearer your message is and the more frequently you send it, the more prospects and clients you have. Kevin is fast, smart and funny. That’s a combination anyone can benefit from. If I had to boil down the benefit of working with him to 3 words, it’s gotta be: Consistency, consistency, consistency! Kevin’s approach makes it easy to consistently book appointments from your website. I would absolutely recommend this service. Nothing has brought me more business in the last year than working with Kevin. Everything he suggests is golden. He knows content and has a unique gift for bringing out the best in others. He holds back nothing, is affordable and worth every penny!
Testimonial from Raghav Krishna
I first came across Kevin on Jonathan Stark’s podcast. Fast forward two months and when we were looking for someone to help us revamp our website at Nirogam, Kevin was who I turned to.
Here’s what we really like about working with Kevin:
1. Kevin has a clear step by step process that helps you to quickly gain clarity on the website strategy and next steps. The importance of this can’t be overstated.
2. Working side by side with Kevin on the website copy has been a revelatory process. Even though we meet just for 60 mins a week, each of those sessions is jam packed with creative output. In fact it has pushed us to question and improve our own internal processes of creative work. It again comes down to the above mentioned process.
3. His follow through with sharing the notes, recordings etc. of our sessions has been top notch and ensures that nothing slips through the cracks.
4. He is a good facilitator and asks questions that force you to answer tough questions and thus you constantly keep creating high quality copy together.
Lastly and most importantly Kevin is a great listener, genuinely curious and respectful which makes working with him a nice experience. I highly recommend Kevin.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Q: How do I know if I’m a good fit for a website launchpad?
People who will get the most out of a website collaboration are folks who aren’t currently getting booked calendar appointments from their website and aren’t sure why. If you are already writing and posting on places like LinkedIn, facebook and blogs but feel like you’re “whistling through the graveyard,” with little to no response, or lots of responses, none of which result in actual booked sales calls, you will probably benefit from the accountability that comes with this program.
Q: I'm making good money and have lots of clients. I don't have time to write.
You do have the time. My job is to show you how to make the time to write quickly and consistently. I don’t even write more than 25 minutes a day for my own business.
The good news is: you already spend at least that amount of time writing for yourself. I just show you how to focus that same amount of time (or less) toward a different place to write your website and promote it.
Q: What do I have to do to qualify?
This program is for people who have clients and income and following all the so-called rules of marketing but can’t get the results they ultimately want. Making a decent income with little time left to grow their business. Unsure of what else they can do to get in front of higher-value clients.
NOTE: If you are desperate for work because of cash flow issues, my private coaching program probably wouldn’t be a good investment.
Q: How much does it cost to make changes to my website?
Every website comes with lifetime updates. Make as many messaging updates as often as you like to any website page that we’ve written together.
Why? Because I believe you must update your website as often as possible. And if you continue writing 20-25 minutes per week, you will need to update your website with all of the insights you’ll have gained. Just as your business and customers change, so should your website.
Q: My business feels like a mess. Do I need to shore up some loose ends and clarify some ideas before we work together?
Do you clean before the maid comes? (Don’t answer that). Bring your business – warts and all – with you and we’ll dive in.
That’s what Launchpad is for. If your positioning was clear and you knew EXACTLY what your website should say and what to do for the next three quarters, you wouldn’t need Launchpad, would you?
Q: But what if I'm not a writer?
The problem isn’t that you’re not a writer, it’s that you’re writing from inside the jar. I am that outside perspective that keeps the both of us writing from the perspective of your prospect.
While I’ll be at the controls writing on every call making sure your website and design is delivered on time, I will never know your prospect as well as you do – which means your participation and insight is not only invited but necessary.
Q: But seriously, I'm not a writer.
The web design we do is a very simple, words-first design that any designer can take and make their own. You will also leave with a wireframe and a word doc – basically a designer’s dream. It’s everything they need to do their job, every last word written and where it should go so they can do the part they love.
Q: What is the average client's ROI after completing a launchpad with you?
The bottom line ROI depends greatly on the client.
At the high end, I’ve had clients land deals in the mid six-figures for six months of work and folks landing five-figure per month advisory retainers.
At the low end, I’ve had people not commit to the work and get little direct financial ROI. But even those folks are happy with the website content, clarifying their message and sense of control they gain over their business.
Q: How long are the writing calls?
They’re usually around an hour.
Q: Do we have to use video for the writing calls?
It is completely acceptable and understood if you’d prefer not to be on camera. However, I prefer to use video for writing calls because I take a lot of notes during the session and I want you to see everything I’m hearing in case there’s something I misinterpret or you see something on the page that you wouldn’t say.
Q: What happens after I pay?
Once you complete your purchase, you’ll be presented with a calendar link to schedule a kickoff call. I’ll send you the pre-questionnaire to be completed before our call. On the kickoff call, we will agree to a game plan, share private contact info, pick a regular time for our writing calls and begin writing. We write your website and/or any other messaging for your business on every single call.
Q: Do I really have to do the homework?
No, you do not have to complete the assignments but because you know your prospect far better than I do, the more writing you do, the better the content. Rest assured, no assignment will take more than 25 minutes and in fact, I highly encourage clients to not spend more than that or risk overthinking it.
P.S. Customer reviews consistently talk about how the homework was their favorite part 🙂
Q: Will you get me leads?
No, I will not. I don’t believe you should outsource your leads to me or anyone else. You are the most qualified person to do that because you know your prospect better than anyone else. I help you write, finish and launch your website. I also will not end our engagement until you feel you have the time, words, habit and confidence to write quickly (about 20 minutes per email or post) and consistently in whichever medium you’re most comfortable getting leads.
Q: Can’t I just do this myself?
You could but you won’t. Almost everyone needs to be held accountable to finish a website that is truly focused on their prospect. Heck, I didn’t even write this website by myself. I scheduled weekly sessions just how I would ordinarily work with my clients only I met with my assistant (Thank you, Shane!)
Q: Can’t you just do this for me?
It’s a unique benefit of my services that I CAN’T, and here’s why: I’ll never know your prospect better than you. You need me to guide you and hold you and the process accountable and to keep you from writing the label from inside the jar. If you did this all by yourself, you’d end up writing it anyway, through painful revisions in the most painful, least effective way.
Instead, we do it in weekly working sessions so that (1) You won’t blow me or yourself – off. It’s also the absolute shortest path to writing because you know your business and your clients better than I’ll ever hope to. I need you to allow me to access the benefit of that expertise. You need me for the accountability to make sure it gets done and that it’s written how you would write it 🙂
Q: I still have questions!
Just shoot me an email and ask: [email protected]
KIND WORDS FROM CLIENTS, SUBSCRIBERS, AND FANS
Hi! I’m Kevin Freidberg and I was a copywriter, creative director and independent contractor for 15 years. I’ve worked for some of the most prestigious ad agencies in the world including BBDO, Ogilvy, and Zeus Jones on brands including Target, Disney, HBO, 3M and Fox Sports. I’ve also written for The New York Times and the Dallas Cowboys.
You can check out my press page for more info.
In my first year as a solopreneur, I increased my high-value bookings by 10x simply by rewriting the first 7 seconds of my website. I have over a decade of real-world experience successfully applying a 7-second writing practice to my own consulting work and the 100+ business owners I have counseled. These days I routinely book at least 5 high-value appointments per week from my website.
The unconscious acceptance of websites that don’t lead directly to sales calls is a collective delusion that literally keeps me up at night. In fact, I consider it my mission in life to create websites that
book more high-value calendar appointments.
Care to join me? I’m here.
NOW IS THE TIME
I think it was Blair Enns who said, “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.” Don’t waste another year waiting for your website to “ring.”
ACT NOW. SERIOUSLY.
Availability is limited. I usually only take on a handful of new private clients per year. If you are considering a website launchpad, apply now to start the process.
The best part of working with Kevin actually came AFTER we finished. Rather than leaving me with just a website to figure out how to use, I now wake up pumped every morning because I have a marketing plan, an email to write, LinkedIn to post and connections to make that will get me work. Thanks for that! You’re awesome!